Our Nutritional Programs are designed to help assess your nutritional goals, obstacles and challenges. Whether you may need our services to learn how to eat properly or to learn to eat healing foods due to a medical condition, we are here to create a custom plan just for your needs. We offer plans with our Registered Dietitian Melissa McDonald and Ideal Protein, one of the top leading Weight Loss Programs with Suzanne Janusz!
Ideal Protein Programs with Suzanne Janusz, please call for details
Programs with Registered Dietitian Melissa McDonald:
• One Month Nutritional Package ($270.00) ($320.00 for clients with food allergies/sensitivities): Melissa will begin by assessing your health history, including goals, medications, supplements, food allergies/sensitivities, food likes and dislikes. She will also take into account your daily lifestyle. After the initial assessment, Melissa will create your personalized nutrition program, which will include your energy needs (fat, carbohydrates, and protein) and an outline of appropriate portion sizes for each food group at every meal and snack. She will educate you on your particular nutrition needs and explain dietary exchanges so you have many choices to choose from. Melissa will create 3 weeks worth of menu plans for you and help you locate specialty foods if you are allergic. She will be on hand to review your food journal and help keep you motivated. Our goal is to teach you the proper way to eat to maintain proper health.
- Weekly Food Diary Review with 30-Minute Phone Consult ($60.00) Melissa
- 1 Hour Nutritional Assessment, advice and 1 week meal plan ($125) Melissa
- Food Sensitivity Rotation Meal Plan: 1 Hour Nutritional Assessment, advice, 1 week meal plan, customized to give you proper nutrition while removing the foods you are allergic to and replacing them with proper foods full of nutrients. Melissa
- Cooking Classes and Personal Cooking: Prices vary due to location of client. Classes/Clients are charged at $35 per hour plus the cost of groceries.
- Interactive Grocery Tours ($90.00 to $150.00 depending on location): Learn the proper way to shop, learn how to read labels and which foods are best for you and your health. Extremely helpful for those who suffer from food allergies or sensitivities. Tour lasts one hour.
- Speaking engagements
- Home kitchen consultations
- Food demonstrations
NUTRIENT HAIR ANALYSIS TESTING ($260.00):
Our environment is turning ever more toxic. From the air we breathe to the foods we eat. We may pop a multivitamin, but is that really enough? Ever wonder if what vitamins or minerals your body is lacking? A Hair Analysis determines exactly what chemicals are inside your body, including radiation, food chemicals such as aspartame, heavy metals such as mercury and more. It also tests for minerals you may be deficient in such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, etc.
This also includes a 30 minute results review with dietary recommendation
When most people think of food allergies, they think of someone in a restaurant choking or clutching their throat, unable to breathe after eating shellfish or peanuts. What most people don't realize is that there are not only true food allergies, but also food sensitivities and food intolerances. Below you will find the facts on food sensitivities to help you understand how we can help you feel better. With the help of a simple blood test, we can help to determine which foods your system is sensitive to. Our staff will then help teach you how to avoid these sensitive foods and replace them with foods that will help you feel better.
Delayed food sensitivities can cause the following problems
- Gastroenterological (IBS, Diarrhea, GERD, Crohn’s Disease)
- Neurological (Headaches, Migraines, ADD, ADHD)
- Lung/Chest (asthma, wheezing, bronchitis)
- Dermatological (psoriasis, eczema, rashes)
- Ear, Nose and Throat (chronic sinus problems, ear aches and infections)
- Musculoskeletal (generalized aches and pains, fibromyalgia, arthritis)
- Genitourinary (urinary incontinence)
- Cardiovascular (high blood pressure)
- Endocrine (hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, weight gain, thyroid)
Many people suffer from one or some of the above chronic ailments, whether it be stomach flare-ups, aches and pains, or chronic health problems. Your internist can’t quite put their finger on your ailment.
If this sounds like you, you may be suffering from delayed food sensitivities.
Symptoms of Food Sensitivities:
Vomiting • Diarrhea • Blood in the stool • Eczema • Hives • Skin rashes
Wheezing • Runny nose • Fatigue • Gas and bloating • Mood swings
Migraines • Eating disorders • Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
FOOD SENSITIVITY TESTING
Blood test that measures your body’s white blood cell response to over 200 foods, food additives & colorings, environmental chemicals & molds that may be causing underlying inflammation in body, as well as weight gain, migraines, joint pain, fatigue, asthma, digestive issues, eczema, etc.
(Prices vary from $200 (50 foods) to $850 (220 foods, molds, environmental chemicals, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory agents)
* Set up with out of network insurances
*This test can also be performed at Prevention & Wellness Center, Inc. in Vernon Hills after initial consultation with a doctor on staff.